Friday, September 7, 2012

Velkommen til Bergen!
What a trip! Vienna-Riga, Riga-Bergen. One stop in the capital of Latvia, the door to the Baltics. A beautiful an interesting city… After more than 14 hours in a plane/airport and the streets of Old Town Riga I made it to Bergen.

Bergen will be my new home for the next 4 years and I hope Bergen likes me as much as I like this beautiful, friendly and cultural city. Did I say that Bergen has a great music scene and was the home-town of Edvard Grieg, a fantastic musician?


I will be working as a fellow research on a PhD project in the fields of Competition, Public Procurement and State Aid Law in the Public Sector. The University of Bergen has allowed me to achieve this once in a life time dream, to become a legal scholar. This blog is part of my PhD research project as I would like to share my experiences in the North of Europe but also latest interesting news about Competition Law. Expect a bit of craziness and more of serious legal matters, but have fun reading these entries.

A bit of background of the author:
I am an Attorney at Law graduated at the Andrés Bello Catholic University (http://www.ucab.edu.ve/) in 2008 with Summa Cum Laude Distinction and worked as a private attorney in a well-known Venezuelan IP Law Firm. In 2010 I decided to try my chances abroad and study a Laws Masters in European and International Business Law at the University of Vienna (http://www.univie.ac.at/en/) and graduated in August 2012 with Distinction. During my studies in Vienna I was interested in the relationship between IP and Competition Law, particularly in the fields of Mergers and Acquisitions. Lastly, I have always been fond of International Law and International Relations and managed to fulfill a dream of mine by doing an Internship at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (http://www.unodc.org/).
I am kind of the classical nerdy type: I used to play D&D and Magic the Gathering, I love music but with weird tastes (Starting with Bach and finishing with Therion), a low-budget Epicurean and passionate for travelling. Oh, I forgot. I love to speak, a lot.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Are you are not that nerdy! I am glad that I could indulge your low budget Epicurean tastes. You will be missed at the dinner table at Alseggerstraße the next time I have some of the UNODC team over. By the way the Tibet is better than ever now it is back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! Oh, I miss the Tibet place. What a wonderful food. Next time I go to Vienna I will made sure of inviting you there :)

    Hope all is fine in good old Wien and that you are having a nice relaxing weekend. I am now working on a presentation I will have on Tuesday in Oslo!

    ReplyDelete